How We Do It
The All Weather Coating Process
The Process in Even More Detail
Our preparation is meticulous.
- First, we protect paths and gardens with dustsheets.
- Then we carefully mask doors, windows and all other areas not being treated – even gutters – with paper and tape.
- Nothing is left to chance.
- Now we locate and correct all faults noted in the original survey.
- Hammer test render and pebbledash to locate hollow areas that need removed and cut back to sound surfaces.
- Cut out small cracks in otherwise sound areas and fill with epoxy resin.
- Treat large cracks with special bonding primers; fill with sand and cement mixture, then finish to match surrounding surfaces.
- Treat previously rendered and cut back areas with bonding primer and restore with two layers of sand and cement mixture.
- Match pebbledash finishes by spraying similarly sized grit into a still-wet surface.
- Once the repair work is completed, cleaning down can begin.
- Wire brush all surfaces to remove grime, pollution, moss and algae.
- Scrape and wire brush flaking paint from areas to be coated.
- Where brickwork is damaged, recreate surfaces using a sand/cement and adhesive mix.
- Rake out and replace damaged pointing.
- We use a system called ‘bagging’ to brush a mixture of sand/cement and adhesive on to the surfaces to cover small cracks and eliminate further spalling (flaking), still leaving the brick line as a feature.
- The same process is applied to the textured surfaces.
- The next stage is to make all surfaces waterproof.
- On the prepared brickwork, render or pebbledash, we apply a slush coat made from a silicon-based waterproofing mixed with the final coating in the appropriate colour.
- We use a brush to work it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Because All Weather wall coatings are both viscous and textured – and can be up to 20 times thicker than normal paint – we apply them using a highly sophisticated pump which regulates the volume of air and amount of coating.
- This gives our operator full control over the amount of material being applied to the surface and allows him to take into account different types of surface and factors such as high winds.
- All masking is removed and the job is complete.
FREE SURVEY & QUOTE
We are fast and responsive. Fill out this form to get in touch and we will contact you very soon.
We will price match